Blade Series Manual
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh BLADE-Series digital scale. Please read all operating instructions carefully before use. This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care and proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service. Never load the scale with more than the maximum capacity. Overloading will permanently damage it!
Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold. Your scale works better when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimate to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time. Usually
Keep your scale in a clean environment. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor.
Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care.
Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
30-60 seconds before calibration to give the internal components a chance to stabilize.
Place Scale on a horizontal flat surface.
1. Press [ON/OFF] key.
2. Wait until "0.0" is displayed.
3. Put the object(s) on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [MODE] key, you can switch between the
II. TARE WEIGHING
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" on the platform.
3. Press [TARE] and wait until "0.0" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
Calibration is NOT required before first use. Only
calibrate if scale is not weighing properly.
**Make sure you use the correct calibration weight for
your scale or the calibration will not be accurate**
BLADE-50: 50g calibration weight
BLADE-400: 200g calibration weight
BLADE-550: 500g calibration weight
BLADE-600: 500g calibration weight
BLADE-1000: See section IV.Blade1000
1. Turn ON the scale.
2. Press and hold the [MODE] key until "CAL" is displayed.
Release the [MODE] key.
3. Press [MODE] again. Now the display will read "CAL" and the required calibration weight will flash 3 times.
4. Place the required calibration weight for your scale on the center of platform. Wait 3-4 seconds. The LCD will display "PASS".
5. Remove the weight and press [ON/OFF] to turn off the scale. Finished! Repeat if necessary.
IV. BLADE1000 Calibration Procedures
You will need a 1000g (1kg) calibration weight.
1. Turn on the scale by pressing [ON/OFF] key.
2. Wait until the LCD displays "0.0" then press and
HOLD the [MODE] key for 3 seconds. The LCD will display "CAL". You can now release the [MODE] key.
3. Press [MODE] key again, the LCD will display "CAL" and "1000.0".
4. Add 1000g calibration weight, the display will show "PASS" and return to normal weighing mode.
5. Put away the calibration weight and press [ON/OFF] to turn off the scale. Finished! Repeat if necessary.
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or
operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale properly.
This scale is a precise instrument and must be handled with the utmost care and caution.
Nothing, Battery-Symbol, [lo] or  Try new batteries
[OUE2] Recalibrate the scale as shown above.
[EEEEE] You are overloading the scale. Remove the excessive load immediately!
[Display] Elimination of errors Change the batteries.
[LLLLL] The delicate weighing load cells havebeen damaged by misusing the scale
(i.e. it was shocked, dropped or overloaded). You can try recalibrating the
scale. If the load cell has not been damaged too much it will work
again after recalibration.
[UNST] Use the scale in a more stable position