|American Weigh Scales, Inc.
US Patent # US D550,573 S
- Looks like a real CD jewel case!
- Easy to use, 4-key operation
- Includes vinyl pouch.
- Large weighing surface
- 500 x 0.1g
- Includes 5 different cover styles or insert your own!
- Large Backlit LCD
- Power: (2) CR2032 Batteries
- User calibration (500g weight sold seperate)
- Click Here to buy the 500g weight
- 10 year warranty
500g / 17.635oz / 16.075ozt / 321.5dwt
0.1g / 0.005oz / 0.005ozt / 0.1dwt
4.9 x 5.5 x 0.5 "
10 Year Limited Warranty
2 x CR2032 Batteries (included)
CD-Scale v2.0 User Manual
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh CD Scale v2.0.
Please read all operating instructions carefully before use.
This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service.
Never load the scale with more than the maximum capacity since overloading can permanently damage it!
Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold; your scale works best when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimate to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time (usually 30 seconds) to allow the internal components a chance to stabilize before calibration.
Keep your scale in a clean environment; dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor. Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care.
Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
1. Place the scale on a flat surface and press the [ON/OFF] button.
2. Wait until "0.0" or "0.00" is displayed.
3. Put the object(s) to be weighed on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [UNITS] key, you can switch between weighing units.
II. TARE WEIGHING:
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" on the platform.
3. Press [TARE] and wait until "0.0" or "0.00" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
III. COUNTING FUNCTION:
1. Turn on the scale and wait until the LCD displays "0.0" or "0.00".
2. Place a sample amount (25pcs, 50pcs, 75pcs or 100pcs) of the quantity you want to weigh and count onto the platform.
3. Press and HOLD [PCS] key for 2 seconds; the LCD will display "25" or "100".
4. Press the [MODE] key to select the sample amount of the item that you have put onto the platform.
5. Press [PCS] key to confirm the above information, the LCD will now display "pcs" in the corner, to show that the scale is in counting mode.
6. Remove the sample quantity from the platform.
7. You now can place any amount of your item(s) on the scale and the LCD will display a count.
8. You can switch between weighing mode or counting mode by pressing [MODE] or [PCS] key respectively.
(use 300g for CD-V2-300, use 50g for CD-V2-50, use 100g for CD-V2-100, use 100g for CD-V2-500)
Calibration only needs to be performed if scale is not weighing properly.
1. Turn the scale on and wait for "0.0" or "0.00" to be displayed then press and hold the [MODE] key for 3 seconds.
2. Release the [MODE] key
3. Press [MODE] key again.
4. The LCD will flash "CAL" followed by the required calibration weight (ie. 300g for CD-V2-300, use 50g for CD-V2-50, use 100g for CD-V2-100, use 100g for CD-V2-500). Add the required weight. The display will show "PASS" then return to normal weighing mode.
5. Put away cal weight, press [ON/OFF] key to turn off scale, the calibration is finished
** Repeat this process if scale is still displaying incorrect weight.
Please check the availability of weights at the store from which you have bought your scale.
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale property.
Display and Elimination of errors
[lo] or  Change the batteries.
[OUt2] Recalibrate the scale as shown above.
[O-LD] You are overloading the scale.
[O-LD] or [LLLLL] The delicate weighing load cells have been damaged by misusing the scale (i.e. it was shocked, dropped or overloaded). You can try recalibrating the scale. If the load cell has not been damaged too much it will work again after recalibration.
Use the scale in a more stable position.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 February, 2008.