500g / 17.64oz / 16.08ozt / 321.5dwt / 2500ct
0.1g / 0.005oz / 0.005ozt / 0.1dwt / 0.5ct
|Display||5 digit backlit LCD |
|Calibration weight |
500g NOT included
but Available by Clicking Here
|Platform dimensions||2.8 X 2.5" |
|Scale dimensions||4.4 X 2.9 X 0.8" |
AAA batteries included
American Weigh Scale Mate
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh Scale Mate digital pocket scale. Please read all operating instructions carefully before use. This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care and proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service. Never load the scale with more than the maximum capacity. Overloading will permanently damage it! Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold. Your scale works better when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimatize to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time. Usually 30-60 seconds before calibration to give the internal components a chance to stabilize.
Keep your scale in a clean environment. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor.
Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care.
Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
Place the Scale on a horizontal flat surface.
1. Press [ ON ] key.
2. Wait until "0.0" or "0.00" is displayed. "S" should appear in the top left corner to indicate the scale is stable.
3. Put the object(s) on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [ MODE ] key, you can switch between weighing units.
II. TARE WEIGHING
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" on the platform.
3. Press [ TARE ] and wait until "0.0" or "0.00" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
Calibration is NOT required before first use. Only calibrate if scale is not weighing properly. Make sure you are using the correct weight (not included) for your scale. All models may calibrate with a 100g weight*, but the default and recommended weight values are as follows:
SM-200 : 200g Calibration Weight
SM-500 : 500g Calibration Weight
SM-501 : 500g Calibration Weight
SM-DR : 500g Calibration Weight
1. Hold the ON key until the display shows "8888" then release.
2. The display will then show "0.0", Hold the ON key again for 3 seconds until it displays "0", then release.
3. The LCD will now display the required calibration weight for your scale* and "g" will be flashing.
4. Place your required calibration weight on the platform. After 5 seconds, g will stop flashing. Calibration is complete. (*note: when the LCD displays the required calibration weight value, you can press TARE to change the value to "100g" if desired.The default calibration weight is the optimal weight to use, however - see list above)
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale properly. This scale is a precise instrument and must be handled with the utmost care and caution.
[Display] Elimination of errors
[Err3] You are overloading the scale. Remove the excessive load immediately!
[Nothing, won't power on or battery image] Readjust or replace batteries.
 Use the scale in a more stable position