The AMW Series is a great durable and compact pocket scale for those who are seeking the on the go high tech touch screen portable scale. The backlit LCD display helps make the numbers viewable and easy to read. The intuitive protective cover provides protection for the scale. With the smooth stainless steel weighing surface clean up is easy. Push buttons on the scale give you full control such as: switching modes grams, ounces, troy ounces, pennyweights and tarring. This checkbook size scale offers great range from 600 grams to as little as 0.1 of a gram. You get all this in one scale backed up with our incredible 10 year warranty!
Whether this fits your style or needs - the AMW Series is the portable pocket scale that packs punch and gets the job done!
500g NOT included
To purchase CLICK HERE
AMW Series Manual
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh AMW-Series digital scale. Please read all operating instructions carefully before use. This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care and proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service.
Never load the scale with more than the maximum
capacity. Overloading will permanently damage it!
Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold. Your scale works better when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimate to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time. Usually
Keep your scale in a clean environment. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor.
Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care.
Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
Place Scale on a horizontal flat surface.
1. Press [ON/OFF] key.
2. Wait until "0.0" is displayed.
3. Put the object(s) on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [MODE] key, you can switch between the
II. TARE WEIGHING
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" on the platform.
3. Press [TARE] and wait until "0.0" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
Calibration is NOT required before first use. Only
calibrate if scale is not weighing properly.
**Make sure you use the correct calibration weight for your scale or the calibration will not be accurate**
AMW-55: 50g calibration weight
AMW-100: 100g calibration weight
AMW-250: 200g calibration weight
AMW-600: 500g calibration weight
Calibration Procedures for AMW-250 & AMW-600
1, Turn OFF the scale, press and hold the [CAL] key and then press [ON/OFF] shortly. After 1-2 seconds, the scale will display a random number. Now release the [CAL] key.
2, Wait 2 seconds and press [ON/OFF] key again shortly.
3, The LCD display will read "2ero" followed by the amount of weight required to calibrate (listed above).
4. Place the required calibration weight on the platform (ie. AMW-600 place a 500g on the scale)
5. Press [ON/OFF] again. The LCD display reads "CAL", then "PASS".
6. Remove the weight and press [ON/OFF] to turn off the scale. Finished! Repeat if needed.
Calibration Procedures for AMW-55
1. Turn OFF the scale.
2. Press [ON/OFF] shortly. Then immediately press and hold
3. Press [MODE] again. Now the display will show "CAL" and "50.00" will flash 3 times.
4. Place a 50g weight on the center of platform. Wait 3-4 seconds. The LCD display will read "PASS", then "50.00".
5. Remove the weight and press [ON/OFF] to turn off the scale. Finished! Repeat if needed.
Calibration Procedures for AMW-100
1. Turn on the scale by pressing [ON/OFF] key.
2. Wait until the LCD displays "0.00" and then press and HOLD
3. Press the [MODE] key again, the LCD will display "CAL" and
4. Add a 100g calibration weight, the display will show "PASS" and return to normal weighing mode.
5. Put away the calibration weight and press [ON/OFF] to turn
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale properly. This scale is a precise instrument and must be handled with the utmost care and caution.
Nothing, Battery-Symbol, [lo] or 
Change the batteries.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 12 November, 2006.