American Weigh Scales, Inc.
Introducing the new Ash Tray Scale from American Weigh. This little scale is a dream come true for RYO (roll-your-own) tobacco enthusiasts. It truly is a multifunctional scale! Available in six different design styles, or plain. When you want to weigh, just remove the metal ash tray cover and you're ready to go!
- Not just a scale! Also functions as an ash tray.
- Available in 7 different styles.
- Backlit LCD display.
- Includes weighing tray
- 10 Year American Weigh Warranty.
- Calibration using a 500 gram weight NOT included but can be purchased click here.
500g / 17.64oz / 16.08ozt / 321.5dwt
0.1g / 0.005oz / 0.005ozt / 0.1dwt
|Scale Dimensions |
3.8 x 3.8 x 1.3
|Platform Dimensions |
3.0 x 2.0
10 Year Limited Warranty
2 x AAA Batteries (included)
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh AT-500 digital scale. Please read all operating instructions carefully before use. This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care and proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service.
Never load the scale with more than the maximum capacity. Overloading will permanently damage it!
Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold. Your scale works better when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimate to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time. Usually 30-60 seconds before calibration to give the internal components a chance to stabilize.
Keep your scale in a clean environment. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor.
Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care.
Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
Place Scale on a horizontal flat surface and remove the metal ash tray cover before weighing.
1. Press the [ON/OFF] key.
2. Wait until "0.0" is displayed.
3. Place the object(s) on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [MODE] key, you can switch between weighing units.
II. TARE WEIGHING
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" such as a tray on the platform.
3. Press [TARE] and wait until "0.0g" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
Calibration is NOT required before first use. Only
calibrate if scale is not weighing properly.
1. Turn the scale ON and wait for the display to go to "0.0g".
2. Press and hold the [CAL] key until the display shows "CAL". Now release the key.
3. The display will flash "0.0g". Ensure that no weight is on the scale and press the [CAL] button to calibrate the zero point of the scale.
4. The display will now flash "500.0g". Place a 500g calibration weight (not included) onto the center of the platform and press the [CAL] key once more.
5. The display will show "PASS". Calibration is complete!
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale properly. This scale is a precise instrument and must be handled with the utmost care and caution.
Elimination of errors
You are overloading the scale. Remove the excessive load immediately!
Use the scale in a more stable position
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 14 October, 2006.