Fast Weigh Scales, Inc.
The ES Series is a lightweight portable scale with quick accurate results. Available in 3 colors, and features a detachable cover that can be used as an expansion tray.
- Easy to use, 3-key operation
- Back Lit Display
- Stainless steel weighing tray
- Flip-top cover protects weighing surface and snaps off to become an expansion tray
- 400g x 0.1g
- Thin, compact design
- User Calibration using a 200g Weight NOT included. (The 200g Calibration Weight can be Purchased Here)
Available in Black, Silver or Blue
400g / 14.110oz / 12.860ozt / 257.21dwt
0.1g / 0.005oz / 0.005ozt / 0.1dwt
|Scale Dimensions |
4 x 3 x 0.75 "
|Platform Dimensions |
2.5 x 2.25
10 Year Limited Manufacture Warranty
2 "AAA" Batteries (included)
ES Series Manual
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh ES Series digital scale. Please read all operating instructions carefully before use. This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care and proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service.
Never load the scale with more than the maximum capacity. Overloading will permanently damage it!
Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold. Your scale works better when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimate to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time. Usually 30-60 seconds before calibration to give the internal components a chance to stabilize.
Keep your scale in a clean environment. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor.
Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care. Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
1. Press [I/O] key.
2. Wait until "0.0" is displayed.
3. Put the object(s) on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [M] key, you can switch between the weighing units.
II. TARE WEIGHING
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" on the platform.
3. Press [T] and wait until "0.0" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
Calibration is NOT required before first use. Only calibrate if scale is not weighing properly.
**Make sure you use the correct calibration weight for your scale or the calibration will not be accurate**
1. Turn OFF the scale.
2. Press [I/O] shortly. Then immediately press and hold [M] until "CAL" is displayed. Release the [M] key.
3. Press [M] again. Now the display reads "CAL" and then "200g" will flash 3 times.
4. Place your 200g calibration weight on the center of platform. Wait 3-4 seconds. The LCD display reads "PASS".
5. Remove the weight and press [I/O] to turn off the scale. Finished! Repeat if needed.
Please check the availability of weights with your scale supplier.
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale properly. This scale is a precise instrument and must be handled with the utmost care and caution.
[Display] Elimination of errors
Nothing, Battery-Symbol, [lo] or  Change the batteries.
[OUE2] Recalibrate the scale as shown above.
[EEEEE] You are overloading the scale. Remove the excessive load immediately!
[LLLLL] The delicate weighing load cells have been damaged by misusing the scale (i.e. it was shocked, dropped or overloaded). You can try recalibrating the scale. If the load cell has not been damaged too much it will work again after recalibration.
[UNST] Use the scale in a more stable position
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 13 October, 2006.