American Weigh Scales, Inc.
- Easy to use, touch screen operation
- Large Back Lit Display
- Flip-top cover protects weighing surface when not in use
- 250g x 0.1g
- Thin, compact design
- Expansion tray included
- Vinyl Carrying Pouch
250g / 8.820oz / 8.540ozt / 160.75dwt
0.1g / 0.005oz / 0.005ozt / 0.1dwt
|Scale Dimensions |
4.25 x 2.75 x 0.75 "
|Platform Dimensions |
2.6 x 1.75 "
10 Year Limited Warranty
2 x AAA Batteries (included)
BS Series Manual
Thank you for purchasing the American Weigh BS-Series digital scale. Please read all operating instructions carefully before use. This electronic scale is a precision instrument. With normal care and proper treatment, it will provide years of reliable service.
Never load the scale with more than the maximum capacity. Overloading will permanently damage it!
Avoid any exposure to extreme heat or cold. Your scale works better when operated at normal room temperature. Always allow the scale to acclimate to normal room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Give your scale sufficient warm up time. Usually 30-60 seconds before calibration to give the internal components a chance to stabilize.
Keep your scale in a clean environment. Dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, air currents and a close distance to other electronic equipment can all cause an adverse effect on the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
Handle with care. Gently apply all items to be weighed onto tray top. Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, try to avoid rough treatment as this may permanently damage the internal sensor.
Avoid shaking, dropping or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and must be handled with extreme care.
Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration free surface.
This is a TOUCH SCREEN scale, it is best to press the keys on the LCD with 30-50g strength using your finger or pen etc.
1. Press [I/O] key.
2. Wait until "0.0" is displayed.
3. Put the object(s) on the weighing platform.
4. Using the [M] key, you can switch between the weighing units.
II. COUNTING FUNCTION
1. Turn on the scale and wait until the LCD displays "0.00"
2. Place a sample amount (25pcs, 50pcs, 75pcs or 100pcs) of the quantity you wish to weigh and count onto the platform.
3. Press and HOLD [C] key for 2 seconds, the LCD will display "25".
4. Press [M] key to select the sample amount of the item that you have put onto the platform.
5. Press [C] key to confirm the above information, the
6. Remove the sample quantity from the platform.
7. You now can place any amount of your item(s) on the scale and the LCD will display a count.
8. You can switch between weighing mode or counting
III. TARE WEIGHINGLCD will now display "pcs" in the corner, to show that the scale is in counting mode.mode by pressing [M] or [C] key respectively.
1. Turn on scale as described above.
2. Place the "tare item" on the platform.
3. Press [T] and wait until "0.0" or "0.00" is displayed.
4. Add the "net-weight-item".
Calibration is NOT required before first use. Only
calibrate if scale is not weighing properly.
**Make sure you use the correct calibration weight for
1. Turn on the scale by pressing [I/O] key.
2. Wait until the LCD displays "0.0" or "0.00" and then
3. Press [M] key again, the LCD will flash "CAL" and your scale or the calibration will not be accurate**press and HOLD the [M] key for 3 seconds, the LCD will display "CAL" then release the [M] key.
then the required calibration weight.
4.a. For BS-100: Add a 100g calibration weight, the display will show "PASS" and return to normal weighing mode.
4.b. For BS-250: Add a 200g calibration weight, the display will show "PASS" and return to normal weighing mode.
5. Put away the calibration weight and press [I/O] to turn off the scale. Calibration is finished!
Repeat this process if your scale is still not weighing properly. Please check the availability of weights at the store you bought your scale from.
The primary reasons for inaccuracy or malfunction are low batteries, incorrect calibration, overload or operating on an unstable surface. Please keep this in mind and maintain and operate your scale properly. This scale is a precise instrument and must be handled with the utmost care and caution.
[Display] Elimination of errors
Nothing, Battery-Symbol, [lo] or 
Change the batteries.
[OUE2] Recalibrate the scale as shown above.
[EEEEE] You are overloading the scale. Remove the excessive load immediately!
[LLLLL] The delicate weighing load cells have been damaged by misusing the scale (i.e. it was shocked, dropped or overloaded). You can try recalibrating the scale. If the load cell has not been damaged too much it will work again after recalibration.
[UNST] Use the scale in a more stable position
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 19 October, 2006.