The workhorse of the gold testing. Easy to use, quickly and efficiently detects karat value of the gold from 6 to 18 karats. Also detects platinum and separates solid gold items from gold plated ones. Provides a numeric reading on the LCD display that corresponds to the karat table.
Manufacturer repair/replacement warranty.
- Size 12x 9 x 2 (305 x 254 x 50mm)
- Weight 1.5 lb (0.7 kg)
- Power two 9 volt batteries (included)
- Replacement gel TB-289
All Tri Electronics testers are of the highest quality, include features commonly found only on more expensive testers.
Do not settle on gold testers showing only ranges of karat values as a test result - get the best gold tester in the world with LCD screen.
Tri Electronics testers also feature the best warranty coverage in industry.
The product is guaranteed to be factory fresh, shipped promptly in manufacturer's box, covered by the manufacturer's warranty
GT-3000 USER'S INSTRUCTION
The GT-3000 Gold Tester is a portable electronic device, developed by TRI Electronics, Inc, for efficient and quick determination of gold karat value (from 6 to 18 karat), and pure platinum. The GT-3000 Gold Tester also distinguishes solid gold from gold-plated items.
The GT-3000 test set consists of a display unit which operates on two 9-volt alkaline batteries, sensor with rotary cap to obtain a drop of conductive gel, and a tri-cable for connecting the unit to the sensor and test plate.
The following procedures must be followed step-by-step to perform tests:
1) Remove sensor nozzle and stationary/rotary (un-detachable parts!) caps by turning the lower light-colored barrel on the top of the sensor counter clockwise.
2) Fully insert the feed-screw engagement into the appropriate slot of the sensor's un-detachable stationary/rotary caps. (See diagram 2).
3) Remove the polyethylene tube cap and insert the tube, which is connected with stationary/rotary caps into the sensor. (See diagram 2).
4) Turn the brightly-colored barrel clockwise until fully seated.
5) Turn the dark-colored barrel counter clockwise until the first drop of gel appears at the sensor nozzle.
6) Connect the black wire to the sensor plug outlet, the black and red wire connector to the display unit, and red wire to the testing plate. (See diagram 1).
Turn the unit ON. Now the unit is ready for testing.
Select and clean with eraser a testing point on the object; obtain one drop of gel by turning the sensor rotary cap (dark-colored barrel) counter clockwise until it clicks. Touch the sensor nozzle to a pre-selected testing point and press the TEST button.
Maintain sensor in the same vertical position for approximately 4-5 seconds while the instrument indicates the numbers on the LCD display. Refer to the karat table to convert this number into karat value.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 04 March, 2009.